In the words of Laud8 landscape urbanism blog:
Designed by Guallart Architects with its local partner J.M.Lin The Observer Design Group, Keelung Port project is a part of the plan: “to create new ‘Gateways’ in Taiwan, oriented toward defining the interaction between the port and the city.”
Laud8 goes on to list the objectives and strategies of this urban design initiative:
- To create a symbolic and functional centrality.
- To reinforce the urban structure connecting the east and west of the city with a civil axis.
- To obtain new spaces of public amenities.
- To reinforce relational uses.
- To reorganize the transport area.
- To restructure the area of socio-cultural amenities.
- To extend the area of pedestrian connection.
Read Laud8’s full project profile here.